Inspired by bbkf’s fun, informative little diddy, I thought I’d do an entry in a similar vein. I think it would be cool if all my blogged readers could do one too. And if you’re *just* a reader, tell us about yourself in the comments. (If you don’t want to reveal too much about yourself, just keep it humorous.)
- I’m a frustrated interior designer. I love interior design magazines. I’m not sure my appreciation for them is a particularly cerebral exercise–I mean I don’t pretend to be some design expert– I just really love looking at pretty spaces.
- I’m a crass consumer of…things. It’s an impulse I struggle with. I do take comfort, however, in knowing that I rarely consume to consume. I genuinely enjoy (and keep–often for years) all the STUFF I have. Every time I use my iPad, I marvel at how cool and fun it is. Every time I use my Keurig coffee maker, I’m happy I’ll have a perfectly-brewed cup of coffee without having to think about it. Every time I look at my big-screen TV, I think “That picture sure is swell.” Because in my head I am a character from a 50’s sitcom. I like kitchen gadgets and nice cookware because I USE these things. I use the HELL out of them.
- I liked the color orange when I was little because I felt like it wasn’t popular, and it needed my protection and validation. As a child I often gravitated towards things I felt were unpopular or were underdoggish in nature. That’s why I always wanted to be Sabrina when I played “Charlie’s Angels.” Because she was the least popular Angel…and I didn’t think that was fair. I have always loathed bullies and loath them to this day. Which explains my hatred for wingnuts, no?
- I have Snowbabies. I display them during the holidays. Yes, really.
- I’ve always bristled when contemplating things like hipster fashion or any kind of cliquey identifiers (like goth or punk or hipster-geek stuff). As soon as I open my mouth you will understand I’m not like anyone you’ve ever met before. I don’t need wear square-framed glasses or have tattoos to prove that I am neat. (The reason I am reminded of this is because when we were down in Charleston, we went to this hip little pizzeria…and I could tell our tattooed and pierced server did not like me. I could just tell, you know? And I think it was because I wasn’t displaying identifiers similar to hers. She made assumptions about who I was because I wasn’t all hipstery. And you know what happens when you assume? You make an ass of you and me. But mostly you because I’m interesting enough on the inside that I don’t need to have a tattoo of Chinese characters that probably means “I’m a fucking idiot who has no idea what this means” for my outside.)
- I’m fine with the vampires, but I just don’t think they should have special rights, and I don’t want them shoving their vampire agenda down my throat. And I believe in protecting traditional marriage. It’s Adam and Steve, not Adam and Nosferatu.
- I think this is terrible idea. Can you guess why?
- I love sitcoms. Guilty. This much-maligned genre has always brought me a lot of joy. Besides, there are some gems out there, believe this.
- One more. Sometimes I decide something I made wasn’t that impressive…but months and months down the road, I’ll look at it with fresh eyes and decide it’s not so bad.