Wherein I Monday morning quarterback my Thanksgiving meal.
Overall it was great.
- The reason I made Zucchini-Feta Tzatziki is because it turns out I did not have a cuke in the house…so I was looking for something with the same watery, mild, sweet flavor profile cukes have. I like to add honey to my Tzatziki and Raita, but I over-honeyed and needed something salty to balance out the sweetness, thus the addition of Feta. It made a fine dip for the lamb, but if I had my druthers, I would have preferred a less sweet Tzatziki.
- The Pea Puree was nice, but underseasoned.
- I over-peppered the homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup, but it was still really tasty.
- The Lamb Chops were spectacular. Cooked to perfection and perfectly seasoned. The marinade was perfect, obviously.
- The potatoes were also perfect, as were the Roasted Carrots and Parsley Root. Parsley Root is a veggie I’d never used before. When I go shopping, if I find a veggie (or occasionally, a fruit) I have not used before, I buy some, then do some research on the Interporns to find out how to do stuff with it. Parsley Root tastes sort of like a turnip infused with Parsley. I probably will not roast it again, but I think it would be amazing in a potato or carrot puree.