I have gotten a request to donate some art/words to this publication. This is the request:
|My Little Bounty|
My name is Jana Holstein and I’m the managing editor of Somerset Digital Studio at Stampington & Company, a publishing company in Laguna Hills, California. Somerset Digital Studio is a 144-page full-color publication that showcases digitally-created scrapbook pages, altered photos, ATCs, and more. I came across your work on deviantart and would love to publish a feature article on you and show some of your fabulous designs. Your work is wonderful and I love your style!The images we’d like to use include:· The Flux Capacitor· My Little Bounty· Keeper of the Mushrooms· Whichever Way the Wind Blows· Beautiful NightmareWe’d like to showcase your work in a technique-based feature article in my Spring 2012 issue which releases on March 1, 2012. Would you be willing to write this article for me? If so, I will need the following sent to me electronically:
- hi-res (at least 300dpi, 6×6) images of requested page(s)
- please make sure each image has a title & feel free to suggest a title for your article
- an introduction to your work process, inspiration, etc.
- the techniques you use to create them, photo-editing program used, credits, etc.
- “endlines” to run at the end of the article — 2-3 sentences to serve as a brief biography ( i.e. “Jane Doe is a mixed-media artist who resides in Anytown, US. She may be reached by email at JaneDoe@server.net. To see more of Jane’s work, please visit her blog at JanesBlog.typepad.com)
- your complete mailing address so we know where to send your complimentary issue & compensation check
Please let me know as soon as possible if you’re willing to write this for me. The deadline to get all this to me is December 9, 2011. Compensation will be paid at a rate of $25 per printed page, and you will receive a complimentary copy of the magazine. This publication will be released on March 1, 2012.
Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to working with you!
Eek. Articles and writing and shit. I want to do this, but with my spare time being precious, this feels a tad overwhelming. Do any of you have an idea about how I should begin? Is there some outline I should go with? Any and all advice is welcome.
Also, look at this:
|That is fucktons of awesome right there. *sigh, drool*|