We’ve had some fam in from exciting places. Like Canada! And Arkansas (where Taxi Driver and Das Boot were filmed)!
- Making the word “COOTIE” while playing Scrabble. Did I win? No. But isn’t making the word “COOTIE” a victory in and of itself?
- Catching up with my stepsister
- Meeting my nephew, who is autistic and has a severe speech impairment, but is the sweetest, cutest, most good-natured little guy
- Taking people out to this shoreside restaurant:
Does anyone know what kind of snake that is?
Also too: that is not my voice; that is my stepsister’s voice.
- Having your kitchen invaded by several folks and especially one who has–let’s say–a very muscular presence. No, by all means, put all your food in our refrigerator, so there’s no room for ANYTHING. And be underfoot every single goddamn minute of the day while I’m so exhausted I can barely stand & am trying to play hostess. And PLEASE do make 14 eggs worth of scrambled eggs, so that when I come home from the hospital I cannot make everyone eggs to order which is what I planned. And DO eat the baguette I was saving to eat specifically with that cheese I special-bought yesterday while you were off buying organic half and half, even though I have half and half at home. *bangs head on desk*
UPDATE LOWLIGHT: Showing your framed nursery art to family and being told–amid chuckles–that your stuff is “no offense–kinda creepy.”
|Actual quote: “Are you afraid that will scare the baby?”|